1. 2. 3. Life in a Small House: Organic, Green, and on a Budget: House Rules 4. 12. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 23. 24.

25. 26. House Rules 27. 28.

29.
I just finished creating this list of "house rules" using my favorite scrapbooking software.  Some of the ideas for rules I saw on pinterest and others I thought of myself.  I hope my boys learn to understand the last one - in relation to their behavior towards others, but also in relation to how they treat their bodies.  We have multiple conversations throughout the day about why we eat what we do and why we avoid eating and drinking certain things.  Quinn has reached the age where he insists that when he grows up and makes his own decisions he's planning on eating McDonald's every day with an extra large Pepsi.  (I will say I'd rather him drink a regular Pepside than a Diet, but still...) Some might say we're encouraging this rebellion by not allowing him these things as a treat once in awhile and I need to insist that we do offer treats, but not "treats" that Mike and I both consider to be toxic and addicting.  Someday I'll write a post about what we avoid in our foods/drinks and why, but until then.... take a look at our house rules and let me know if you see any typos or if something looks "off".  I'm planning on having it made into a wall print, framing it, and hanging it in a much used room of our little house.

Labels: , , , , ,

30. 31. 32. Life in a Small House: Organic, Green, and on a Budget: House Rules

Friday, August 24, 2012

House Rules

I just finished creating this list of "house rules" using my favorite scrapbooking software.  Some of the ideas for rules I saw on pinterest and others I thought of myself.  I hope my boys learn to understand the last one - in relation to their behavior towards others, but also in relation to how they treat their bodies.  We have multiple conversations throughout the day about why we eat what we do and why we avoid eating and drinking certain things.  Quinn has reached the age where he insists that when he grows up and makes his own decisions he's planning on eating McDonald's every day with an extra large Pepsi.  (I will say I'd rather him drink a regular Pepside than a Diet, but still...) Some might say we're encouraging this rebellion by not allowing him these things as a treat once in awhile and I need to insist that we do offer treats, but not "treats" that Mike and I both consider to be toxic and addicting.  Someday I'll write a post about what we avoid in our foods/drinks and why, but until then.... take a look at our house rules and let me know if you see any typos or if something looks "off".  I'm planning on having it made into a wall print, framing it, and hanging it in a much used room of our little house.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home