1. 2. 3. Life in a Small House: Organic, Green, and on a Budget: Daily Recap 4. 12. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 23. 24.

25. 26. Daily Recap 27. 28.

29.
The not so good:
The good:

Labels: , , , , , ,

30. 31. 32. Life in a Small House: Organic, Green, and on a Budget: Daily Recap

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Daily Recap

The not so good:
  • Watching Liam play by himself at the pool was hard.  He usually makes friends quickly and easily with whoever is around.  I could see him watching other kids, but he didn't have the confidence to go and play with anyone.
  • We couldn't get into the neurologist from Lurie's until Sept 4th. 
  • I'm still worried about missing therapies next week, but hopefully when we see them tomorrow they'll have lots of things for me to do with him.
  • He continues to use made up words or the wrong words.  At the pool he told me he wanted pizza.  I asked if he was hungry and wanted a snack and he said, "Yes, I want a snack." 
The good:
  • Our knock-knock joke from earlier.
  • He was looking at a magnet from the arch and I asked where that was from.  He said, "St. Louis, Missouri."  I said, "yeah, that's the arch, you didn't like it at all going up."  He said, "yeah, but going down I LOVED it!"  So wow.  Talk about language.
  • Quinn's getting better about talking to him and giving him time to answer and then giving him choices if he's unable to answer.  (This is taking some coaching from Mike and I.)
  • I'm beginning to understand that the type of aphasia he does have could be a lot worse.  Just like the type of stroke he had was the best type you would want - this is also the "best" type of aphasia - at least from what I can gather from the Internet.  I need to remind myself to be thankful that he understands us.
  • Liam got a homemade card from his best friend - it had a picture of him and his buddy on it and Liam quickly told me it was James. 
  • We did get in with one of two neurologists that specialize in stroke from Lurie's Children Hospital (it's just not until Sept. 4th).
  • Liam's old preschool teacher stopped by for a visit - he was so happy to see her and will be going to one of her summer camps in a few weeks.  She also sent him a blank puzzle in the mail (which arrived later today) - he agreed with me that we should write his name on the puzzle and then told me how to spell it.  After I drew it once, he gave me a different marker and said, "again" - so now he has a homemade puzzle with his name all over it.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At July 12, 2012 at 10:32 PM , Blogger Caroline said...

As much as it breaks my heart to read about what your family is going through, I am so glad you are writing about it. You never know how many other children may be going through the same things as Liam and their parents can't find any information or 'not so positive information' and this might help them. Through your blog, I can feel your pain and frustration. God Bless You and your family Cathy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home